Tonnes for Sale
What We Do
Who Is Feed Central:
We provide two services to
a national client base. The first service is
Hay Certification Services. The second is
Hay Certification involves a Feed Central certified inspector traveling
to your farm to document, grade and sample each lot of hay. This allows buyers and
sellers to accurately benchmark the hay against other lines and most importantly
it allows buyers to know what they are buying before ordering.
Once certified sellers are free to market their hay either through Feed Central,
privately or both. Feed Central only sell hay that we certify.
- On-farm inspections pre-sale
- Simple visual grades
- Quality Certificate combining Visual and Feed Analysis results
- Photographs of lots
- Backed by independent laboratories
- Certified local inspectors
- Feed Analysis by our representatives
Feed Central delivers quality, cost effective hay direct from the farm to you.
We deal in all hay, straw and silage. All product marketed goes through our strict
The benefits of dealing with Feed Central are many and include:
Much of the product that Feed Central sells is marketed via our Consignment Marketing Service
while a growing portion is marketed via the
Forward Order System.
- Very quality based pricing system
- Hundreds of growers / hundreds of lots / thousands of buyers -all within a few clicks.
- Web based or personalised service
- All hay is independently Certified by Trained Personnel
- Trained Personnel take the core sample for Feed Analysis test of every line and
submit this sample to an independent NATA certified laboratory.
- We are an experienced 3rd Party here to help you navigate your way through the complexities
of buying hay.
Short and / or Long Term Forward Order arrangements available.
Buyers / End Users
Feed Central deals with regular and consistent users of hay; straw and silage. Clients
Our minimum order is one full semi-trailer load. View
Freight table. Buyers wishing to purchase less than a full semi load are
encouraged to deal through their local produce store. Produce stores are able to
buy a full semi-load from Feed Central and then split it amongst many buyers.
- Beef and lamb feedlots
- Chaff mills
- Large / Professional equine establishments
- Landscaping and environment users
- Produce stores
- Graziers, especially during times of drought
Sellers / Suppliers
On the supply side Feed Central deals with regular and consistent producers of hay,
straw and silage all over the country. As we all know, we live in a harsh country
with varying seasonal conditions, so our supply base needs to be highly flexible.
We accept listings of all hay, straw and silage where the grower agrees to be part
of the quality system (Hay Certification Service). We work closely with regular
and opportunity producers to maximise quality and the marketability of their hay.
Even during the harsh drought conditions from 2000 - 2010 Feed Central never ran
out of hay.
One of the great pleasures of our work is forming long term relationships with buyers
and sellers nationwide. Many deal with us year after year; while others every couple
of years. We thoroughly enjoy this side of our work and we look forward to getting
to know you and your operations very well.